Goshen Local Schools belong to the community of Goshen and the public is entitled to be informed about the operations of the school system. It is evident that as a district we operate best when they have a positive relationship with the community. We are very proud of our relationship with our wonderful community. In effort to continue that great working relationship GLS has a standing board committee assigned to recognizing the collective efforts of our staff and community members. The 2011-2012 school-community relation’s committee will be directed by a school district member and is based on the following principles:
1. The school-community relations program is a systematic, two-way process of communications between the District and the community.
2. The District may use media sources and other forms of communications available to effectively communicate with the citizens and employees.
3. Communications with the public should promote involvement, objective appraisal and support.
4. Communications should be internal as well as external and provide factual, objective and realistic data.
5. School communications should be responsive both to events as they arise and to evaluations of the process.
Nick Inabnitt- Assistant Principal GHS
Phyllis Smith- Community Member
Yvonne Vanlandingham- Community Member
Maggie Proffitt- Bus Driver and Community Member
Sue Steele- Board of Education Member
Mary Gray- Board of Education Member
Barb Calton – Teacher GHS
Valerie Zackerman- Teacher SES
Amy Smallwood- Teacher M/C
Matt Baker- Assistant Principal GMS
Jenn Schlosser- Learning Academy Director
Clara Philpot- Bus Driver and Community Member
Brian Bailey- Assistant Superintendent
Margaret Krueger- Special Education Director